Dr. Monica Thompson
Bsc (hon) Degree, Masters Degree and Doctoral Degree
Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Dr. Monica Thompson is a licensed Consultant Clinical Psychologist who obtained her Bsc (hon) Degree, Masters Degree and Doctoral Degree from London universities. Her doctoral dissertation was on the recovery of the trauma of rape which led to her becoming manager at the Traumatic Stress Clinic in central London which is a leading trauma clinic in the UK.
Dr. Thompson co-ordinated the treatment and recovery for all individuals affected by the London bombings in 2005.
Dr. Thompson has nineteen years experience working with individuals, couples and groups from many different backgrounds and cultures with a range of difficulties both in the NHS in London and in private practice. She has worked in general hospitals, community mental health centres and specialist clinics.
Dr. Thompson is very passionate about helping and enabling people to help themselves to reach their goals and overcome any obstacles they face. She brings warmth and understanding to her work with all of her clients, regardless of their situation. Dr. Thompson is also committed to enhancing public knowledge and understanding and de-stigmatising mental health. She has frequently been interviewed on television such as SKY news, BBC radio and other media to share her expertise on overcoming mental health.
Dr. Thompson is competent to employ a number of psychological treatments. She utilises the approach most suitable to your individual needs.
Dr. Thompson is the Medical Director of Dubai Community Health Centre.
- Cognitive Behavioural therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Marital/ Couple therapy
- Group therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Compassionate & Mindfulness based therapies
- Supportive therapy
- Solution Focused therapy
Dr. Thompson has expertise and can offers services to teenagers, adults and couples in the following areas:
- Mood disorders (e.g, depression and bi-polar disorders)
- Anxiety Disorders (e.g., Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, panic attacks, phobias, OCD, generalised anxiety disorder)
- Abuse difficulties
- Self esteem and confidence difficulties
- Sexual disorders (including vaginismus and porn addiction)
- Relationship difficulties
- Adjustment disorders
- Pain management (including medical conditions such as Chronic Fatigue & ME)
- Psychotic symptoms
Tel: +9714 507 8000
Fax: +9714 507 8001